How do I dose CBD Oil? Which strength should I take? To start with, this may seem completely like guesswork. Not to worry though, because this is easier than you may thing.
There are a range of strengths that the CBD companies are selling, starting from 5%, 10%,15%,20% and higher. Each support your Endocannabinoid system in a similar way.
So you're new to CBD and just starting off? Don't worry, we're here to help you out.
CBD is a food supplement and cannot be sold as a medicine and should not be used to treat or cure any health issues. If you have a medical condition and you’re unsure what dose to try, then the advice is the same. Start low and work your way up – that way your body can get used to the cannabinoids and you can increase the dose if needed.
Disclaimer: we don’t claim to be medical experts nor do we claim that any of our CBD products will cure illnesses and/or diseases. We simply wish to educate people on the health & wellness benefits that our customers and other CBD users have seen as a result of cannabidiol usage.
Also all of our stocks are legal and meets the regulations of the UK law. All our products contain legal amount or lower content of THC or no THC at all in them. And all our products are independently lab tested as well.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical compound made from cannabis.. CBD isn’t psychoactive, unlike THC, the other byproduct of cannabis.
CBD is thought to activate serotonin receptors. It plays a role in:
- pain perception
- maintaining body temperature
- reducing inflammation
Guidelines to dosage that will help you out:
- What type of CBD do you need: As you already know, there are various different ways in which you can consume CBD such as oils, capsules, topicals, edibles and even bath products. You have to consider what you are using the CBD for and choose an appropriate product – capsules are good if you hate the taste but absorb slower and less CBD is absorbed, skin products are great for localized application. Oils are quick delivery products but can be tricky to dose and sometimes have an acquired taste. It depends on what works for your tastes and what you are comfortable with.
- Always begin with the low dosage: ALWAYS start low and and work your way upwards. If you decide to jump into the deep-end with a powerful oil, there may be unwanted outcomes which could put you off using the oils again. Start with one drop or two of a low % preferably 5% CBD oil and work up from there. Your body will do the work for you.
- Find your ratio. Cannabis products have varying amounts of CBD and other Cannabinoids. Some products are full spectrum (contain lots of terepenes and cannabinoids which may have different affects on your body) or pure CBD oils which only contain CBD.
- Listen to what you body says or reacts: It is imperative that you pay attention to how you are feeling. Listen to your body. Take the first week to feel how you are reactive and weigh up whether your current dose is enough.
- Be aware of the possible side effects: As you are increasing, try not to over do it. If you start feeling an sleepy, have a dry mouth or feel off it may be time to reduce your dose to find a sweet-spot. Other side effects can include nausea & diarrhea.
- Seek trusted medical advice. It is essential that you proceed with caution, especially if you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, mental illness or if you are taking prescription medication. By having an open dialog with a medical professional, they will be able to give advice if you are concerned or need their specialist advice. Do not take CBD if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What is the difference between % and MG:
There are two major ways on how strengths are displayed on the oils; in percentages or via milligrams.
Don't get confused its pretty simple. 5% is basically 500mg, 10% will be 1000mg and so on.
Visit our store to have a chat with our advisors to know more.
107 Barkby road, leicester, LE4 9LG.
or check out our other blogs on the websites.